Mum To Sue KFC After apos;contracting A Parasite From Undercooked Chicken apos;

From G3ict
Revision as of 04:50, 10 January 2021 by EleanoreJeppesen (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

A mother-of-one was left violently ill after eating a piece of chicken she claims was under cooked.
Alyssa Lee, 25, had purchased chicken from a KFC store near Townsville on April 16 as a treat for her family. 
She claims she had eaten two pieces of the chicken before breaking a piece of thigh up for her two-year-old son and noticing it appeared under cooked. 
The veterinary science student said she had contacted the store immediately and again the next day, but was unable to get through.
'Finally on the second day of trying someone answered and they asked me to send through the pictures,' she said.

'I sent them through to a mobile number and didn't receive a reply so I went down to the store.'
A Queensland mother said she was left 'violently ill' after eating a piece of KFC chicken that appeared undercooked
Alyssa Lee had bought the chicken for her family to eat during a Harry Potter marathon, and she'd eaten two pieces before breaking some up for her two-year-old son and realising something was not quite right
The store manager filled out an incident report and asked if Ms Lee wanted a refund or replacement.
'I said I wanted a refund because I wasn't interested in eating KFC any more as it put me off.'
Ms Lee said the manager confirmed the piece of chicken was a thigh, and told her 'what's probably happened is the chef hasn't popped the bone and then she screwed the incident form up'.
RELATED ARTICLES [# Previous] [# 1] [# Next] [/news/article-7241281/Surveillance-footage-captures-moment-KFC-razed-ground-huge-explosion.html Kentucky Fried BOOM! Security cameras capture the shocking...] [/news/article-7182279/Man-caught-stolen-gun-drugs-40-000-cash-KFC-drive-thru.html Finger-licking felon! Chook crook is caught with $120,000 in...]



Share this article
Share


She said things 'escalated from there', leaving her 'incredibly unwell'. 
'When it was worst, I had my head in a toilet bowl most of the day,' she said. 'If I wasn't in the toilet I was in bed.
I had to ask friends and family to look after my son because I couldn't.' 
The mother-of-one had two visits from a home doctor and a trip to her GP as her symptoms worsened, and kynghidongduong.vn was diagnosed with with intestinal infections tour sapa từ hà nội virus, noro virus, and stomach flu (food poisoning), as well as Giardia Instestanils (parasite).
In the months since, Ms Lee claims she is continuing to experience symptoms, and said she has been in contact with others who had unpleasant experiences at the fast food chain.    
Ms Lee said she did not hear back from the KFC store for two days, and had to return to the store after they stopped responding
She said she is not just chasing compensation, but also wants steps taken to ensure nobody else goes through what she has.  
'I didn't do this for money.

I've never claimed for compensation in my life. No one in my family would do this for money,' she said. 
'I want to prove negligence because what is happening is disgusting. Since my food poisoning, I have heard so many worrying similar stories.
'I was sick for about four weeks and had to go on three rounds of medication but I still experience bouts of nausea and vomiting now - three months on.'
A spokesman for KFC told Daily Mail Australia they do not believe Ms Lee's illness was caused by their chicken.
'We are sorry to learn of Mrs Lee's illness, but we do not believe this was caused by KFC,' he said. 
'As this is a legal issue, we cannot comment further.' 
Glenn Brown, a solicitor from Shine Lawyers who is representing Ms Lee, said a claim has been made directly to the store, but he would take the case to court if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily. 
'We believe consumers have a right to expect that the foods they purchase and consume will be safe and of high quality,' he said.

'Stringent consumer law protections exist in Queensland for that very reason, and we are there to assist those who have been injured when those standards are not met.
 'Unfortunately, food poisoning incidents are not uncommon and people can underestimate its seriousness as a result.
But the reality is that food poisoning can be extremely serious, even fatal. It can leave people with post-infectious conditions for years afterwards. Most importantly, there is no excuse for it, because it is entirely preventable if retailers comply with safe food handling standards.'  
Pictured: A piece of chicken Ms Lee alleges she purchased from KFC on April 16, before becoming violently ill