G3ict's objectives and global outreach are aligned with the dispositions of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) on the accessibility of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) and Assistive Technologies. G3ict’s objectives are to:
- Promote awareness of the ICT accessibility dispositions of the CRPD and of effective public policies, private sector initiatives, and accessibility standards;
- Support advocates and policymakers with capacity building programs, policy development tools, and benchmarking;
- Facilitate and share good practices and innovation in accessible and assistive technologies;
- Foster harmonization and standardization to achieve lower costs and interoperability on a global scale by promoting the work of W3C, ISO, ETSI, ANSI, DAISY/EPUB3, ITU, Public Procurement standards - Section 508, EN 301-549 - and other leading Standards Development Organizations;
- Define and promote the accessibility profession through networking, education, and certification in order to enable and mainstream the creation of accessible products, content, and services.